The mission of this Taiwan-based cosmetics startup is to help customers enhance their skin's natural beauty. Beauty Player's most popular product line is a collection of facial masks, which prevent breakouts by absorbing oil and dirt buildup. The brand helps people of all skin types restore a healthy glow and build their confidence.
Most startups go through growing pains in the early stages, and Beauty Player is no exception. As business picked up in 2017, they had inquiries and orders flooding in from around the world. While the team was thrilled at the positive response to their brand and products, they found they couldn't address all customer needs fast enough.
They were overwhelmed with messages and struggled to answer questions and fulfill orders in time. The team became overworked, and the company was losing out on the opportunity to serve even more customers because they just didn't have enough bandwidth.
To organize and streamline their customer communication, Beauty Player enlisted the help of a chatbot marketing agency called GoSky AI. This agency used Chatfuel to build a Messenger bot mainly to automate FAQs about shipping, discounts, affiliate opportunities, and other popular topics. Chatfuel “helps Beauty Player solve the problem of not having customer support 24/7,” says Fash Chang, Marketing Director at GoSky AI.
The other key function of the Beauty Player chatbot is to increase brand awareness and sales through interactive education and product recommendations. The bot asks users whether their skin is dry, oily, or sensitive. Depending on the response, it then shares relevant skin care tips, and recommends the right facial mask (plus a coupon code) from their product line.
Beauty Player enjoyed epic results with these Chatfuel features and integrations:
- User attributes: This feature enables the Beauty Player chatbot to greet users by their first name for an added touch of personalization. It also allows their team to segment users based on their skin type, which is saved for later use in retargeting campaigns.
- Facebook Ads integration: Beauty Player also benefited from the combination of Facebook’s powerful data targeting and Chatfuel’s rich set of customizable tools. It’s easy to connect Messenger ads to Chatfuel blocks using “block name: Welcome message” as the payload in Ads Manager, which is exactly what the GoSky AI team did for Beauty Player. There's no need to decipher confusing code—pasting the appropriate block name into the payload blank is all it takes to connect your Chatfuel bot.
💡 2021 update: Linking click-to-Messenger ads to your Facebook chatbot just got easier! You can now use our Facebook Ads Entry Point instead.
- People tab: From this Chatfuel tab, the Beauty Player team can easily export a CSV file of bot users who placed an order on their website. Next, they can send this customer data to Facebook Ads Manager using Segment Sync so they can create a Lookalike Audience of their most valuable customers. Facebook uses that information to find new users who share characteristics similar to existing customers. As a result of this process, Beauty Player experienced a significant decrease in cost per conversion and an impressive increase in ROAS.
- JSON API: Beauty Player uses the JSON API to gain insights about when users are interacting with the bot. As a result, they're able to reengage those who have recently dropped off, and retarget those who haven't redeemed their soon-to-expire coupons.
- AI tab: Users can freely type “My skin is dry/oily/sensitive” at any point in the chat experience to browse a personalized selection of recommended products and skin-care tips. An AI integration allows the bot to understand this request and send an appropriate response. This option gives users more freedom in the conversation, because they can bypass the bot’s menus and buttons whenever they like.
By making the most of these five Chatfuel tools, GoSky AI revolutionized Beauty Player's business. They helped them grow brand awareness and revenue and reduce costs, and the team now enjoys less stressful and more streamlined operations, too.
Beauty Player attributed approximately 40% ($250,000) of their total monthly revenue in May 2018 to their Chatfuel bot. Not only did the bot help them get control over the orders and messages they were already getting, but it also helped them increase sales overall.
The brand also ran click-to-Messenger ad campaigns, which reduced their cost per conversion by more than half — from $8.30 to $4.06 . With this method, they were also able to achieve a healthy 10X return on ad spend (ROAS).
Beauty Player’s average order value (AOV) also increased by 10%, because “users learned more about the brand” through the bot’s educational content, which “added greater quantity of product per user,” says Chang.
“We believe that when we bring the top-level digital marketing strategy (Facebook ads + Chatfuel bots) to all the traditional SMEs and startups, we can help make their dream come true. And this is our dream.” — Fash Chang, GoSky AI
GoSky AI achieved these impressive results for Beauty Player with a simple, yet brilliant strategy that involved four key steps:
- Facebook ads lead users to the Beauty Player bot.
- The bot offers a personalized product recommendation a plus coupon code to users, based on their input.
- Human agents match users who redeemed the coupon to those who purchased a mask on their website.
- The team then exported matching users (those who were deemed most likely to purchase) from Chatfuel's People tab, and that list was then used to create a Lookalike audience to run more effective Facebook ads.
Achieve incredible results for your business with a Chatfuel bot
Did you know that it doesn't take any coding or programming knowledge to build a bot with Chatfuel? Get started with our platform for free today so you can begin harnessing the power of a Messenger bot for your business. Then, when you're ready for priority support and unlimited users, upgrade to Pro. Run a marketing agency? Check out the perks of our Premium Agency plan instead.