AI in marketing: why you should use it for your business
Have you heard of ChatGPT? Learn more about AI marketing, its benefits, how to use it, and some practical examples you can implement today.
Given the discussion around ChatGPT and Artificial Intelligence (AI) in marketing over the last few months, you likely fall into one of two buckets. The first bucket is for the skeptics — those who think that AI is not all that useful in marketing and might do more bad than good. The second bucket is for those that believe the complete opposite. They’re much more optimistic about AI, arguing that there are many great applications that we can take advantage of. Of course, the truth is that people in both camps have valid arguments that should be considered.
But whether you fall into the latter or the former, you’ll find this article useful. We will try to understand what AI marketing is, its benefits, how to use it, and some practical examples you can implement today.
What is AI marketing?
AI marketing refers to using machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), deep learning, and other AI technology to perform marketing tasks. In its current form, AI marketing still requires human guidance or human input. For example, think of providing an outline for a blog and having an AI tool write the full blog or providing a description of an image and having an AI tool generate that image.
Tools you’ve probably heard of are ChatGPT for text-related tasks or DALL·E for image generation. But in fact, AI has been used in marketing (behind the scenes) even before these. A prime example is advertising platforms like Facebook, Google, and TikTok. They all use AI to categorize users, determine their interests, and ultimately who they should serve ads to. Another example is AI-powered chatbots, which use NLP to understand customer queries and help resolve their issues.
However, there have been many changes in both AI and marketing in the past year. Keep reading to learn about some of the latest use cases of AI in digital marketing and more.
What are the benefits of AI in marketing?
Since AI in marketing has been such a popular topic in the past few months, there must be a good reason for it. And the reason is that there are many benefits from leveraging it.
Here is a list of the top 6 benefits of AI in marketing:
- Savings. Using AI to automate tasks, generate text, generate images, and other similar tasks is free or close to free. Much cheaper than doing it all manually or paying someone to do it manually.
- Efficiency. Not only is using AI for certain tasks cost-effective, but it is also much faster. It takes seconds, whereas it usually takes hours or days.
- Task automation. Save time on repetitive tasks like data analysis, reporting, emails, answering common questions, content creation, and more.
- Better customer experience. With AI-powered chatbots, your customers will receive faster and always available service. Not to mention increased customer engagement with your brand.
- Creativity boost. AI can be used to generate dozens of ideas for blogs, marketing campaigns, headlines, email marketing, and more. You can quickly pick the best ones and expand on them instead of being stuck with writer’s block.
- 24/7 availability. Unlike humans, AI tools are ready to work 24/7. There’s no downtime or delays.
How to use AI in marketing
Now that you know some of the benefits of AI in marketing, let’s take a look at how to use it in your own business.
First, you’ll need to identify your goals. Your focus might be on growing your social media, automating customer service, getting more website traffic, etc. Depending on your focus, your goals will differ. Then, you’ll need to analyze the marketing tasks that would bring you to that goal. You’ll find that some of those can be completely automated, and some can be performed more efficiently with the help of AI.
And, of course, you’ll need to choose which tools to use. There are dozens of choices out there, some broad and some specialized for specific tasks. Choose the ones that fit your needs and budget.
As you put these tools into use, make sure to closely monitor their output and adjust as needed to fit your customer journey. Their performance will get better and better.
Examples of AI in marketing
Here are some great examples of how AI is used in marketing right now:
- Chatbots. A tool that’s been around for years now, chatbots use NLP to understand customer queries and respond to them just like a human would. Some of the biggest chatbot platforms, like Chatfuel, have integrated ChatGPT into their service to provide users and customers with superior service and performance.
- Content generation. Tools like ChatGPT and Copy.ai are used to write anything from headlines and outlines all the way to full summaries and full articles.
- Image creation. AI-powered tools like DALL·E and Deep Dream Generator can generate images from text or change images based on user inputs.
- Video creation. Marketing AI tools like Make-A-Video by Meta and Synthesia take it one step further, allowing you even to generate videos.
- Content editing. Just like generating a blog, you can also use ChatGPT to review your content and suggest edits or fix mistakes.
- Social media sentiment analysis. Use AI to analyze your posts and give you a summary of the customer sentiment towards your brand.
- SEO optimization. SEO-powered tools can review pages or websites and suggest improvements to improve SEO.
There are many other applications of AI marketing tools, from predictive analytics and customer data analysis to developing an advanced AI marketing strategy.
Ready to take advantage of AI marketing?
By now, you’re likely just as excited as we are about the possibilities of AI-powered marketing. If you’re looking to start your own journey and claim the benefits for your business — we recommend you start by using an AI-powered chatbot.
Chatfuel is one of the biggest no-code chatbot platforms in the world. Small and large brands like Lego, Adidas, Netflix, Nivea, Visa, and many others use Chatfuel. You can use our platform to automate customer service, recommend products, collect feedback, generate leads, and more.
And as mentioned earlier, we’re proud to say that we’ve brought GPT-4 by Open AI directly to our customers. We built GPT-4 into our chatbots, so they can tell customers about your business, answer their questions, recommend products and services, and more. The applications are limitless.
It works on the most popular channels like Telegram, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, Line, and your website.
Don’t wait — sign up for our free trial today and start engaging your customers.