How to use ChatGPT in real estate: tips and examplesION ROTARU
Since November of 2022, ChatGPT completely took over the internet. Professionals from every industry and profession are talking about it. Everyone is discussing how to use it, what it is capable of, and how it is getting better and better as the months go on. And yes, even in real estate, ChatGPT can be a powerful tool. The key is to know how to use it.
In this article, we will cover everything you need to know about ChatGPT for real estate. We will introduce you to ChatGPT, outline its applications in real estate, and provide a list of use cases, among other topics.
Let’s get started.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an AI (artificial intelligence) language model developed by OpenAI. But what exactly does an AI language model do? All that means is that you can communicate with it, and it can communicate with you in human-like text form. So talking to ChatGPT is like casually talking to an extremely smart professor.
The AI can understand questions and context and can generate relevant and intelligent responses on many topics. It’s the perfect tool for many industries, including real estate.
How to use ChatGPT in real estate
Here are some useful tasks that ChatGPT can perform for you:
- Provide instant human-like customer support. By using a chatbot powered by ChatGPT, like Chatfuel AI, your customers can receive instant responses to listing questions like price, size, location, buying process, and more.
- Write property descriptions. Some of us love writing. Some, not so much. The good news is that ChatGPT is really good at writing text if you just provide it the right information and the right prompt. A prompt, in our case, is the text or sentences used to initiate a conversation with ChatGPT. It can be as simple as a 3-word sentence, or it can be as complex as having multiple paragraphs, context, and examples.
Here’s an example of an amazing 2-paragraph description for a property in the city of Montreal where I live:
- Create social media content. Keep your customers and followers engaged with great social media content. You can ask ChatGPT to come up with the ideas, and then pick the ones you like and ask it to write the text for your social media posts.
- Write marketing copy. ChatGPT can help you come up with taglines, newspaper ad copy, copy for your mailers, newsletter copy, and website copy.
- Draft emails. Give ChatGPT the necessary context, and it can even draft emails to customers and other agents.
In short, ChatGPT is a tool that you can use in almost every aspect of real estate industry. With some creativity and testing, you can make your day-to-day tasks that much easier.
7 Hack for ChatGPT prompts
ChatGPT is only as good as a person using it. The key is giving it the correct prompts so that it knows exactly what you are looking for. The more direction you provide in your requests, the better the output.
Here are some valuable tips that will help you master the art of creating effective prompts:
- Be specific. Clearly define your task to ensure the AI understands your request and provides accurate information.
- Simulate a person. Tell ChatGPT to talk to you as a type of customer or even an expert in a certain domain. You can then ask questions or ask it to perform tasks as that person.
Example: ‘Can you talk to me as if you were a first-time homebuyer with a budget of $300,000 looking for a house in a family-friendly neighborhood? ’
- Use unconventional prompts. By using unusual or abstract prompts, you will get answers nobody else gets.
- Emulate a writing style. Feed ChatGPT a few pieces of content you have already created so that when it writes something, it fits your style.
- Experiment with different styles or tones. If you want to get away from boring content, you can experiment with irony, humor, and more.
Example: ‘Write an extremely sarcastic and ironic Instagram caption for this overpriced home in New York.’
- Write in different formats. You can ask ChatGPT to write in point form, paragraphs, essay format, etc.
Example: ‘Can you write a list of pros and cons for buying a fixer-upper home in bullet points? '
When asking ChatGPT to write a piece of text, for example, you can give it context on who the audience is, where this will be posted, and what the goal of the text is. That way, the output will be less generic and more effective for your purposes.
Example: ‘Please write a short property description for this house that will be posted on a luxury real estate website targeting high-net-worth individuals.'
List of uses for ChatGPT in real estate
See below some additional ways that you can use ChatGPT in real estate business:
- Market analysis. To keep you informed and competitive, generate reports on local market trends, property values, and demographics.
- Property comparisons. Create easy-to-read comparison charts that break down the key differences between properties, making it simple for customers to make informed decisions.
- Client profiling. Develop comprehensive customer profiles to understand their preferences better and tailor your services accordingly.
Start using a real estate AI chatbot today
By now, you’re probably so excited about all the possibilities of using AI in the real estate market that you don’t even know where to start.
We recommend you begin your journey by setting up an AI chatbot for your business. Our ChatGPT-powered chatbot only takes minutes to set up. It works with Telegram, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, Line, and your website.
It works when you first give it some information about your business. Then, the AI can answer customer questions and provide relevant info about your business, listings, and anything else they need help with. It’s the perfect solution to cover time-consuming tasks, automate customer support and boost marketing and sales conversion rates by up to 33%.
Don’t wait. Sign up for free today.