This Nissan car dealership is located in Israel. They focus on selling new and used cars to local buyers.
Nissan Israel was receiving hundreds of questions per month through their Messenger inbox. Their team answered these messages manually, resulting in delayed response times. Worst of all, the team wasn’t qualifying these leads because they had no system in place.
In other words, all leads were being treated as equal. A cold lead who was window shopping might get priority over a warm lead who was ready to sign the paperwork today! Their inbox was a leaking sales funnel.
In partnership with digital marketing agency Business Pineapple, the car dealer built an automated lead qualification system for its Messenger inbox.
People who message their Facebook page are asked the following questions by a Facebook chatbot:
- Which of these models do you like?
- Is your mind already set on this model?
- What is your phone number and email address?
Based on the answers provided, Chatfuel will determine the lead’s temperature and buying intent. If the lead is ready to buy, Chatfuel tags them as “high priority” and sends their information to the dealership’s CRM. Their sales team will then jump in, counter any objections, and close the deal.
The Business Pineapple team used these Chatfuel tools and features to build Nissan Israel's Facebook bot to generate and qualify leads for them:
- Gallery card. The gallery method of displaying images in a chatbot is useful for any business that sells a physical product. This layout lets users scroll through different images, each with unique options and links below for more information.
- Save User Email/Phone plugins. A key aim of this car dealership's chatbot was to gather contact information from qualified leads so human agents could follow up. The Save User Email and Save User Phone plugins in Chatfuel make this easy. They make it possible for users to share their contact information (whatever's on their Facebook profile) with your bot in one tap.
- Notify Admin via Email plugin. Once the Business Pineapple team set up this plugin, the Messenger bot started automatically sending lead information to the Nissan Israel team via email. This plugin lets you choose which user attributes to include in the email. Once set up, it will instantly email this information to the address you specify for easy lead organization and quick personal follow-up.
As a final step in the process, the Nissan bot uses the JSON API plugin to send lead information (name, email, car model) to dealership’s CRM. This closes the loop and keeps customer data automatically updated for the dealership.
In the first month after launching the bot campaign, Nissan Israel generated $380,000 by selling ten cars to leads generated by their Messenger chatbot. Promotion was purely organic.
The dealership saw a 10x increase in monthly organic sales from Facebook. Their number of monthly qualified leads coming from Facebook also ended up growing by 3.5x— from ten to thirty-five.
“I've played around with many chatbot builders, and the key things I like about Chatfuel are its stability and speed. Each message gets delivered when it should without any delays or lags.”
- Dima Kagan, Founder of Business Pineapple
Set up a free chatbot to qualify leads for your business
Businesses across many different industries rely on lead generation. If yours is one of these, use a Facebook Messenger chatbot to put lead generation and qualification on autopilot. The prospective customers will come to you, and you'll have more time for other important tasks.
Ready to build your own no-code chatbot? That's exactly the function of Chatfuel. It's free to get started creating a full-featured chatbot. Then, once you're ready for unlimited users, priority support, and other perks, upgrade to Pro.
Marketing agency? Book a demo with our team to learn more about our plan just for teams like yours.