With Chatfuel, you've got flexibility when it comes to how you manage your bot’s responses to free-form messages from users. One simple option is to automate these responses using the keyword rules built right in to your dashboard. Or, for a more advanced solution, you can use JSON chat API to connect Dialogflow to your bot.
Dialogflow is conversational AI from Google used by some of the largest brands in the world. It allows your bot to “understand” and learn from the messages it receives, take actionable data from those messages, and deliver even more accurate responses. Janis.ai is a popular framework for building Dialogflow-enhanced Chatfuel bots. Integrating these two tools with Chatfuel means a smarter chatbot that can provide an even better user experience and help you achieve your messaging automation goals.
What are the key benefits of integrating AI into a bot?
Integrating AI into your Chatfuel bot will make it smarter and more effective. With the boost of artificial intelligence, your bot can:
- Qualify and sell to leads to boost revenue 🛒 An AI-enabled chatbot can qualify customers and take them through most, if not all, of the sales funnel on its own. As a result, your bot can be bringing you revenue 24/7.
- Automate responses to FAQs in order to reduce customer support costs ❓AI allows your bot to learn to respond to a wide variety of common user messages, even if they’re asked in different formats or with different words. That means you’ll gradually need less and less human intervention to answer FAQs, saving your business time and money.
- Delight users with a high-tech experience 🤩 Conversing with a bot and having it fully understand you is a remarkable experience! AI-enabled bots are still a novelty to most users, so a well-designed one will definitely make the conversational experience more engaging, exciting, and memorable.
- Extract and export useful data 📤 An AI bot will gather lots of helpful data throughout its interactions with users. You can automatically extract this data from messages your bot receives so you can use it in Chatfuel. You can even send it to third-party applications that you may have connected to your Chatfuel bot.
- Connect with even more users 👥 If your business has prospects or customers in various countries around the world, you can use AI to teach your bot to communicate in multiple languages.
How does it work?
Let’s say a user sends a message that says “I need to make a reservation” to a bot that doesn’t have AI integrated into it. If the bot was built with a set reply for the key phrase “make a reservation,” it might respond by collecting the details needed to fulfill a reservation request.
Now let’s say a user sends the message, “If I make a reservation today, can I change it later?” A bot without AI would only be capable of sending the same, pre-set message: “What day?”, which wouldn’t accurately answer the question.
A Dialogflow chatbot, however, would be able to tell the difference between the two messages, despite the fact that they share a key phrase, make a reservation.
Dialogflow uses Natural Language Processing (NLP) to help bots understand the context and intent behind messages a user sends. If your chatbot can understand a user’s intent, it can appropriately respond to messages using the Chatfuel blocks you equip it with.
How can Janis help me integrate AI into my bot?
To make creating a smarter chatbot easier, you can use the Janis.ai framework—which combines the best features of Dialogflow with the best features of Chatfuel. The core function of Janis for a chatbot is to allow you to harness Dialogflow so your bot can understand the meaning of a user’s message, and respond with the appropriate Chatfuel blocks.
It also includes even more powerful features. For example, you can see below how Dialogflow for chatbots highlights certain words within phrases. A highlighted word is one that can have multiple possible meanings or values. Some potential meanings are pre-defined for you, like cities, countries, dates, and times. You can also create your own custom lists to define the meaning of a word inside of a phrase.
One more way Janis can help you take advantage of the synergy between Dialogflow and Chatfuel is by capturing data from user responses. When your Chatfuel bot receives a message that triggers a response from Dialogflow, any values that can be extracted from the user’s message will be stored in the form of Dialogflow parameters. Janis will then automatically create user attributes in Chatfuel that match the Dialogflow parameters, and will save the corresponding data in Chatfuel too, for future use.
What types of companies are using Dialogflow and Chatfuel to build AI bots?
For starters, the team at Janis uses AI bots to scale their own business! They’ve been able to serve thousands of customers all without adding a single human support agent, thanks to Dialogflow. The same framework they used has now been extended to the Chatfuel bot-building community for all to benefit from.
There are plenty of other companies creating AI bots this way, too. Here are two great examples of agency bot-builders who have achieved impressive results for their clients using Dialogflow + Chatfuel:
- Oscar Ibars, from chatbot marketing agency Botveu. Oscar used Dialogflow to enhance Chatfuel to create an intelligent customer-service bot for his client, Groove Cruise. Initially, Groove Cruise’s human customer service representatives feared AI would replace them, but Oscar was able to find the balance between their work and the bot’s functionalities. With Dialogflow, he was able to capture the right amount of information from users in order to escalate more complex support requests to a human. This hybrid approach allowed his client to boost live-agent productivity by using AI to filter and better manage incoming support requests.
- Jordan Glickman, from Impremis Marketing. Jordan also used the Dialogflow-Chatfuel synergy to create automated customer service for a client. Jordan built an AI bot for Anytime Fitness, one of the largest health and fitness chains across Asia. With over 100 clubs in the Philippines alone and plans to add another 50 by year-end, his client needed a bot solution that could manage FAQs for hundreds of locations—and that’s exactly what Jordan built. “We see Dialogflow as a major selling point and value-add for customer service automation,” says Jordan. He’s already seeing impressive results from the integration he did with Janis and Chatfuel. He also has plans to automate 70%+ of customer service for Anytime Fitness within a year, including answering questions related to free trials, pricing, sponsorships, promotions, and job opportunities—and all in multiple languages.
If you’re building bots for multiple franchise locations, Chatfuel’s Synced Cloning feature can make the process much easier! Book a demo to learn more about this and other features included in our Premium Agency plan.
How can I connect Dialogflow to Chatfuel?
Achieving this integration is easy with the Janis framework! Follow these steps:
- Get a free Dialogflow conversational agent. To create one, simply give your your AI agent a name and click “Create” to save it.
- Connect your agent and your Chatfuel bot to Janis. Head over to Janis.ai and sign in with your Google account. Janis will guide you through the setup process. You can then use the helpful AI Starter Kit, which includes a Chatfuel template and a Dialogflow template. Learn more about the kit in the video below. Or, if you prefer, you can do a custom integration in a few simple steps.
You can learn more about how to build a powerful Chatfuel chatbot with Dialogflow by accessing the Janis User Guide. There, you’ll discover even more tools from Janis that can help you plan a path to automation with your AI bot.
Start building your smart Chatfuel bot today.
How does automating a major percentage of your sales and support efforts sound? To start building your Dialogflow AI chatbot today, sign up with Chatfuel for free today to create a Dialogflow agent so you can use Janis to integrate the two.
Happy bot building! 🚀